Coping and pasting are probably the two most common activities we do on our desktop computers. We all got accustomed to using CTRL + C and CTRL + V when we want to quickly copy a piece of text to a different place.
Unfortunately, in Android phones this process is not so obvious and many beginner users aren’t even aware that such a feature exists.
What’s more how you copy and paste may differ depending on the manufacturer and the version of Android you are currently running.
In today’s tutorial I will show you how to copy and paste on Android phones (four most popular manufacturers with different Android versions). Let’s begin!
How to Copy and Paste on Android (Sony)
The first thing you need to do to be able to copy and paste on Android is to highlight text. Here is how you do it on Sony:
- When you are browsing a website, simply do a long press on the text you want to highlight. The word you pressed will be highlighted.
- With the two blue dots you can now adjust what words exactly you want to highlight. To copy the highlighted text, you need to click on the two rectangles in the top bar.
- To paste the highlighted text, simply open some notepad, e-mail or text messaging app and long-press on the text field. When Paste appears, simply click on it and the copied text will be pasted.
- As you can see, in the top menu there are also other settings available. You can directly share the copied text by clicking on the share icon (the second one from the right). All you need to do is choose the app through which you want to share it and the copied text will automatically be pasted into it.
How to Copy and Paste on Android (Samsung)
In Samsung it’s almost the same. All you need to do is:
- Do a long press on the text which you want to copy. The word which you clicked will be automatically highlighted.
- The next thing to do is to adjust what area of text you want to highlight. In the case of Samsung, you will also see a magnifying class during text selection.
- Once you selected the text, you will get access to different options. Click on Copy. You will be notified that the text was copied do clipboard.
- Open the app where you want to paste the text. Do a long press in the text field and when a menu pops up choose Paste.
How to Copy and Paste on Android (HTC)
Coping and pasting in the case of HTC is even more intuitive and simple. Here is how you do it:
- Do a long press on the text you want to highlight at first. Just like in the case of Sony, the word you pressed will be highlighted and a small menu will pop up.
- What you need to do next is to adjust what area exactly you want to highlight. Once you do it click on Copy.
- You will see the notification saying that the text was copied to clipboard. You can now paste this text in any text field you want.
- To paste the copied piece of text, do a long press on the text field and click on Paste when it appears. That’s it!
How to Copy and Paste on Android (Alcatel)
And how do you copy and paste of Alcatel? In a quite similar way actually.
- Do a long press on the text the part of which you want to highlight. The word which you pressed will be highlighted.
- Adjust what area exactly you want to highlight.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and choose Copy. You will see the notification saying that the text has been copied to clipboard.
- Open the app where you want to paste the text you have just copied. Long –press the text field and choose Paste.
That’s all. You now know how to highlight text in Android and then copy and paste it. Do you have a different Android device on which you copy and paste in a slightly different way?
Feel free to share your thoughts with me. I would love to hear from you.