A quick tutorial of how to keep screen ON on your Android Wear device (turn the always-on screen feature).
You probably noticed that by default your Android Wear device will dim its screen very quickly. Sometimes it happens so quickly that you can’t finish the task you have been doing or finish checking the information on the screen.
That is because Android Wear devices have small batteries and this is a way of making them last a bit longer.
However, if battery saving isn’t your main priority, you might want to change that setting to keep the screen of your Android Wear device on.
Let me show you how to do that in two simple ways.
Turn The Always On Screen On Android Wear
The quickest way to keep screen on on your Android Wear device is to:
- Swipe left to access Settings.
- When in settings swipe down until you see the Always-on screen feature. If you haven’t changed it before, it will probably be OFF.
- To turn it on, simply tap on it. It will now change to ON.
That’s it. You have successfully activated the always on screen option on your Android Wear. You can also do that with the use of your phone. Here is how.
Turn The Always On Screen On Android Wear Using Your Android Phone
- Make sure that your phone and your watch are paired using the Android Wear app. If they are paired, you will see the name of your watch when you enter the app and it will say Connected like on the screenshot below.
- To access the settings of your Android Wear watch from your phone, go to Settings. Under Device settings, tap on the name of your watch (the one that’s connected to your phone).
- You will now go the settings of your watch where you can choose to activate or deactivate the Always-on screen option with the toggle button.
Extra: How To Keep The Screen On While Charging
If you are a bit more advanced user, you might also want to make use of yet another great feature: keeping the screen on while charging your Android Wear watch.
By default this option isn’t available in the settings of the device, but we can quickly make it appear there. Here is how:
- The first thing you need to do is enable developer options in your watch. Go to Settings > About and tap 7 times on Build number. Your watch will notify you once you become a developer.
- As you can see, Developer options are now available in the settings of your watch. Open them.
- You will now see the feature called Stay awake when charging. Click on it to enable it.
Congratulations! Your Android Wear watch will now keep its screen on while charging so that you won’t miss any notification.