Quick and easy tips on how to sync and resync Android Wear apps.
In the previous tutorials from the Android Wear series, we already talked about a lot of things. And we are only starting out! You know both how to install and uninstall apps from your watch as well as how to take wearable screenshots.
Today I will show you probably one of the most useful features: how to sync apps on Android Wear so that the information displayed both on your watch and your phone is always up to date. Ready to start?
Get Your Devices Ready
Before you can follow any of the tutorials from the Android Wear series, you need to at first prepare your devices. Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure that your Android Wear smartwatch is paired with your Android phone. You can pair your devices only with the use of the Android Wear app (and you need to have Bluetooth turned on both on your phone and your watch). I also advise you to have the latest Android version for phones installed on your device.
- If your devices are paired, you will see “Connected” under the name of your watch in the Android Wear app and on your watch main face the icon of the crossed-out cloud will disappear.
Now that you devices are talking to each other we can move on to syncing apps.
How to Sync Apps on Android Wear
Even though both your devices (when connected) try to sync apps and data between each other regularly, there might sometimes be moments when apps are not synced or up-to-date and you need to sync them manually. Here is how you do it:
- Open the Android Wear app on your phone.
- Click on the settings icon to enter settings of your device and click on the name of your watch (to access even more of its settings).
- As you can see, there are now a few extra settings available for your watch. You probably remember how we used Watch battery and Watch storage in previous tutorials to analyze the storage and battery of our wearable.
- All you need to do now is click Resync app and all the apps on your watch will be resynced. You will see the notification saying that apps are being synced to your smartwatch. Syncing will take a few moments and you won’t be able, for example, to take screenshots while apps are syncing.
- After syncing apps on my Android Wear watch, it displayed some information about apps that have been updated.
- If you use app Wear App Manager we talked about in the previous tutorial, the app will also display the detailed information after syncing (e.g. what apps have been updated).
Did you manage to successfully sync apps on your Android Wear watch? Are all the apps now up-to-date?
If you have any questions or problems, feel free to leave me your comments in the comment box below or contact me directly. I would love to hear from you.